The mission of the Kelley School is to transform lives, organizations, and communities through education and research.
We accomplish this by following 10 guiding principles:
- Maintaining the highest ethical standards with whomever we interact. This is a matter of respect, trust, and personal integrity and is the foundation of our individual performance and our professional excellence. We accept no less in ourselves and expect no less from others.
- Providing a collaborative environment that emphasizes mutual respect, individual initiative, innovation, and the pursuit of excellence.
- Enrolling women and men of great character, accomplishment, and leadership ability, and hiring faculty who are not only thought leaders and outstanding scholars, but who are also committed to excellence in teaching.
- Creating a culture that embraces diversity in all its many forms.
- Providing innovative and relevant curricula that focus on developing critical-thinking skills, exploring complex problems, decision-making under uncertainty, taking responsibility for one’s actions, and leadership.
- Maintaining our leadership in the pervasive and effective use of technology in serving our students.
- Embracing a global perspective that permeates the content of our courses and influences the topics and contexts of our research.
- Maintaining strong ties and lifetime relationships with our alumni in ways that further their career ambitions and the school’s educational and research objectives.
- Creating a culture that encourages outreach, service, and rigorous research.
- Creating and sustaining our national and international relationships with corporate and academic partners that provide opportunities for students, faculty, and alumni of the Kelley School of Business.