Moving from volume to value: Unleash the power of analytics.
The goal of analytics is to improve healthcare by gaining knowledge that can be used to make improvements or changes. Rather than merely reporting past performance, analytics studies large data sets to reveal and understand historical patterns within the data with an eye to predicting and improving performance in the future.
Analytics harnesses the breadth of digital data available through point-of-care encounters, medical claims, pharmacy claims, and lab values to reveal gaps in care, to set their future vision, and to leverage opportunities for cost savings.
Analytics is the end game, but technology and measurement are the playbook. Accurately measuring the right things at the right time provides the foundation for actionable analytics. Using automation and intelligent technologies such as voice-enabled applications moves analytics from a transactional activity to an experience-enhancing healthcare service. Game-changing analytics puts the right information in the right hands at the right time using mobile devices and other distribution technologies.
The Kelley Business of Medicine MBA teaches you how to dive into your data with analysis tools and integrate analytics into complex, decision-making structures. The MBA program explores analytics challenges such as:
- Applying analytics to create competitive differentiation and drive revenue growth.
- Using analytics retrospectively to evaluate population health, disease management, and cost data sets and provide insights for future care.
- Leveraging Clinical Support Systems at the point-of-care to make cost-effective clinical decisions.
- Identifying appropriate measurements, performance metrics, and people infrastructure to build real-time and batch strategic analytics capability.
- Designing user-enhancing technology interfaces and gaining high-impact insights from effective reports, benchmarks, and scorecards.
- Building analytics capability that can extend across and outside the organization.
- Significant technology advances make the capture of data and the implementation of analytics a worthwhile investment.
- Increasingly, physicians and clinicians are realizing the full potential of mobile IT devices and applications in their practice.
- More technology advances are on the way that could make healthcare faster, easier, and more versatile than ever before.
- Expertise in teaching and research in the areas of decision modeling, information technology, and business analytics.
- Cutting-edge, healthcare analytics research across Indiana University as well as novel healthcare analytics partnerships.
- Numerous opportunities to simulate how to use analytics to improve value in your practice and your organization.