How To Apply
Individual documents can be submitted to our office as they become available. Applications will not be officially reviewed by the Admissions Committee until they are complete and all of the required documents have been received. Once an application is in review, applicants should not expect an admissions decision until after the initial deadlines. Once a decision is made, and occasionally one is made prior to the initial deadline, applicants will be notified via mail.
- For August Admission: Initial deadline - April 1
- For January Admission: Initial deadline - October 1
Applications are accepted after the deadline on a space-available basis.
Applicants must submit the following online applications:
- IUPUI Graduate Application (Please complete the link labled Departmental Questions).
- Kelley Evening MBA Application (Please note: You must complete the IUPUI Graduate Application before you can complete the Kelley Evening MBA Application.)
Students already enrolled in a different graduate program at Indiana University will need to submit a new IUPUI Graduate Application specifically for the Kelley Evening MBA Program.
2.) GMAT Score Report
An official GMAT score report should be submitted. Applicants should take the GMAT at least 20 days prior to the initial application deadline, but if you are unable to take the test until the initial application deadline, you may submit your unofficial score report to us the same day while we await the arrival of your official score report. To register for the GMAT or to request that your scores be sent to us, visit http://www.mba.com.
Please select the following location code to send your official GMAT score report:
Indiana University - Purdue University at Indianapolis - Indiana University - Purdue University at Indianapolis - MBA, Kelley Part Time
The essay should be sent via email to . Identify in the body of the e-mail your full name and birth date. Please ignore the Personal Statement section on the University Application web site. Your essay should address the following:
- What you do now day-to-day in your job. (Please keep in mind that we have your resume.)
- What you would like to be doing in 2–3 years’ time. (To cite three possibilities: Gain a promotion? Land a job in a new organization? Change function? [for example, you are in Engineering and would like to go into Finance]) What would your next job look like?
If you don’t know what your goals are, that’s fine. Please note that you don’t know and would like to use the Career Advising and Professional Development Program to clarify this.)
- How can you use the program to get where you want to go?
- What unique perspective can you bring to classroom discussion? (e.g. born in Somalia? Spent a year in Chile? Speak three languages? Been involved in a corporate reorganization? Helped launch a new product? Had to hold the line in costs in a small company?)
If you do not currently reside within commuting distance of Indianapolis, briefly explain future plans that will allow you to participate in the Kelley Evening MBA program. (Note: the Kelley Evening MBA program is designed for working professionals. Prospective full-time students should consider applying to the Kelley Full-Time MBA program in Bloomington.)
Please limit your essay to a maximum of 500 words (the equivalent of 2 pages, double spaced with a 12 point font).
Official transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended must be sent directly from the institution to the address below. Applicants who have previously attended Indiana University do not need to request transcripts from any Indiana University campus.
- Kelley School of Business Indianapolis
Evening MBA Program
801 West Michigan Street, BS 3024
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5151
6.) Letters of Recommendation
Applicants must submit two (2) letters of recommendation. Download the recommendation form (PDF).
The Admissions Committee has the option to request an interview with an applicant once the applicant's file is in review.
Upon completion, applications are reviewed and admission decisions are made once the initial deadline has passed. You will be notified of the admission decision by mail. A $500.00 non-refundable tuition deposit is required when accepting your admission to the part-time MBA program.