Skip to Content
Julie Manning Magid
- Associate Professor of Business Law
- J.D. University of Michigan
- A.B. Georgetown University
Awards & Honors:
- Best Conference Paper Award, Pacific Southwest Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Life Sciences Research Fellow, Center for the Business of Life Science
- Ralph C. Hoeber Memorial Award for Outstanding Article in American Business Law Journal
- Indiana University Trustees’ Teaching Award
- Schuyler F. Otteson Undergraduate Teaching Excellence Award
- Charles M. Hewitt Master Teacher Award (Finalist and Overall Winner), Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- The Howard G. Schaller Undergraduate Teaching Award
- Outstanding Reviewer, American Business Law Journal
- Distinguished Service Award, Tri-State Regional of the Academy of Legal Studies in Business
- Faegre Baker Daniels, Indianapolis, Indiana, Associate
- Vorys, Sater, Seymour and Pease, Columbus, Ohio, Associate
- Corporate governance and board leadership
- Microfinance and the developed world
- Privacy and ethics
- Trademark and marketing law
- Workplace gender issues
- Jamie Darin Prenkert, Julie Manning Magid & Allison Fetter-Harrott, Retaliatory Disclosure: When Identifying the Complainants is An Adverse Action, 91 North Carolina Law Review 889 (2013)
- Julie Manning Magid, Mohan Tatikonda & Philip Cochran, Radio Frequency Identification and Privacy Law: An Integrative Approach, 46 American Business Law Journal 1 (2009) (Lead Article)
- Julie Manning Magid, Co-Branding Requires Strong Contract Protections, 34:4 Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science (2006)
- Jamie Darin Prenkert & Julie Manning Magid, A Hobson’s Choice Model for Religious Accommodation Under Title VII, 43 American Business Law Journal 467 (2006)
- Julie Manning Magid, Anthony D. Cox & Dena S. Cox, Quantifying Brand Image: Empirical Evidence of Trademark Dilution, 43 American Business Law Journal 1 (2006) (Lead Article).
- Julie Manning Magid & Jamie Darin Prenkert, The Religious and Associational Freedoms of Business Owners, 7 University of Pennsylvania Journal of Labor & Employment Law 191 (2005) (Lead Article), reprinted in 3 International Journal of Civil Society Law 14 (2005).
- Julie Manning Magid, Contraception and Contractions: A Divergent Decade Following Johnson Controls, 41 American Business Law Journal 115 (2003).
- Julie Manning Magid, Pregnant with Possibility: Reexamining the Pregnancy Discrimination Act, 38 American Business Law Journal 819 (2001).