Visual Identity Guidelines
This is the official reservoir for the IU Kelley School of Business signature system implemented in September 2006 by the Office of the Vice President of University Relations. To use the new IU Kelley School of Business signature system, please do the following:
- Read the Kelley Visual Identity Guide before using any Kelley School of Business signatures.
- Read the Summary of Proper Usage of signatures.
- Download the files.
- Block IU symbol
- Integrated IU Kelley School of Business signatures (Please contact: Matt Borden, email@example.com for signature files)
- Kelley PowerPoint templates
Office 2003 (.ppt) & Office 2007 (.pptx) presentations.
- Use these files for new PowerPoint presentations from now on.
Office 2003 (.pot) & Office 2007 (.potx) templates.
- Use these to update old PowerPoint presentations with the new templates.
To set these files as templates:
Download the templates from the link above.
Go to the PowerPoint files and open the files.
When you see the file(s) you want as a template(s) open in PowerPoint, go to file (on top left of your bar) and save the file (Save as…) as a Template (go to Save As… and change the file type to Design Template).
This should force it to change the directory to C:\Documents and Settings\username (yours will have your own username at this point)\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates. Save it there.
When you open an old Power point slide or a new one, right click on your slide and choose Slide Design. You will see a Slide Design template appear on the right column. On the very bottom is a Browse... button. If you click on that you should see the two KSB templates that you just saved. Choosing one of these will change the look of your slides to the new KSB look.
Optional: View the complete IU Integrated Image Program Guidelines.
Until units receive their signature packages, IU communicators should plan to:
- Discontinue use of the academic seal except for: permanent building insignias; diplomas; university ceremonies; and stationery, presentations, Web sites, and invitations for the president, vice presidents, provost, chancellors, and trustees only.
- Use the new version of the Block IU (developed for athletics).
- Minimize investments in new marketing collateral.
Individualized academic unit marks (i.e.the Kelley logo) are being phased out, and units will be expected to implement standardized signatures over time as products need to be replaced.
During the redesign of the Kelley School of Business website and other electronic communications, please refer to the style guide to maintain visual consistency and inform electronic design decisions.