Comprehensive Business Knowledge, In-Demand Skills
The Bachelor of Science in Business degree requires a minimum of 120 credit hours (beginning fall 2013). You’ll take a combination of business and general education courses to give you the skills, knowledge, and global perspective that employers seek.
To successfully complete the degree, you must maintain good academic standing with a minimum GPA of 2.0. That is, your overall GPA, the GPA in your major, and the GPA in your business and economics courses must be a 2.0 or higher.
All Kelley Indianapolis students are required to complete a group of Integrative Core (I-Core) prerequisites, typically taken in your freshman and sophomore years. These courses give you a strong foundation in accounting, business law, mathematics, economics, technology, career planning, composition, and communication, all of which are necessary for successful completion of I-Core.
Students must meet the following criteria before beginning I-Core:
- Complete 56 credit hours of college course work that counts towards graduation. (Minimum cumulative 2.0 GPA required.)
- Complete the following courses with a grade of C or higher:
- ENG W131 English Composition
- BUS X100 Business Administration-Intro
- BUS X103 Business Learning Community
- BUS K201 The Computer in Business
- BUS X204 Business Communications
- BUS X220 Career Perspectives (effective fall 2013)
- COMM R110 Fundamentals of Speech Communication
- Complete the following nine prerequisite courses with an average of GPA of 2.0 or higher:
- BUS A100 Basic Accounting Skills
- BUS A201 Introduction to Financial Accounting
- BUS A202 Introduction to Managerial Accounting
- BUS L203 Commercial Law I
- ECON E201 Introduction to Microeconomics
- ECON E202 Introduction to Macroeconomics
- ECON E270 Introduction to Statistical Theory in Economics and Business
- MATH M118 Finite Mathematics
- MATH M119 Brief Survey of Calculus I
- Finish all incompletes.
- Be admitted to the Kelley School of Business.
To fulfill the general education requirement, you’ll take courses in a variety of non-business disciplines. Consult with an advisor about which courses are a good fit for your interests and goals.
Integrative Core (I-Core)
Once you’ve completed all the I-Core prerequisites, you’ll take four integrated courses—marketing, operations, finance, and team dynamics & leadership—in one semester as part of our renowned Integrative Core. Lectures and discussions prepare you to complete a challenging team-based project at the end of the semester. Considered a rite-of-passage for Kelley undergraduates because of its rigorous nature, I-Core continues to be cited as one of the primary reasons corporate recruiters seek to hire Kelley graduates. Our students excel at approaching business problems more holistically and communicating their ideas clearly and effectively.
International Dimension Requirements
Our 6-credit hour international dimension requirement helps you expand your perspective of the world beyond the United States. The requirement can be fulfilled through 200-level or above language courses, approved international business and economic courses, overseas study, or other approved internationally focused courses.
Your major complements your broad knowledge of business with specialized insight into one or more particular fields of business. Kelley Indianapolis offers six majors and one co-major (international studies).
- Human Resource Management
- Supply Chain Management
- International Studies
Typical Programs for Full-Time Students
A suggested 4-year plan of study is available for each Kelley School undergraduate major.
- Accounting plan of study
- Finance plan of study
- Human Resource Management plan of study
- Management plan of study
- Marketing plan of study
- Supply Chain Management plan of study
Meet with a Kelley academic advisor to develop your individual academic plan.