Topics applicants typically want to know.
- Do you accept the GRE instead of the GMAT?
Yes, we do accept the GRE, and can convert the GRE score to a GMAT. Please contact our office with any questions.
- What is the minimum required GMAT score? Can I take it more than once?
There is no minimum required GMAT score. However, the average GMAT score of applicants admitted ranges from 620-650. Students may take the GMAT as often as they like. We will always take the highest score for evaluating an application.
- How do I get my official GMAT scores reported to the Evening MBA Program?
To request that your scores be sent to us, visit www.mba.com.
Please select the following location code to send your official GMAT score report:
Indiana University - Purdue University at Indianapolis - MBA, Kelley Part Time (school code GKS-8M-27)
- Should I take particular courses to prepare for the Evening MBA Program?
Students may have completed an undergraduate course in Financial Accounting. The completion of the course should be within the past five years with a grade of B- or better. If an accepted student has not taken such a course, he or she may be required to take an Accounting Primer (a short online course in basic accounting principles) before beginning the program. Students should also be comfortable with Excel.
- I am enrolled in another MBA program. Can I transfer credit into the Kelley Evening MBA program?
Our part-time MBA program requires that 45 of the 51 credit hours be taken in residence while a student is in the Kelley program. If students have been enrolled in a previous graduate business program, they may petition to transfer up to 6 hours of credit provided it meets certain criteria and has the approval of the MBA Chairperson.
- Is it possible to become an Indiana resident after starting the MBA program?
The Office of the Registrar determines Indiana residency. Typically a student must be a resident of the state for 12 months, working full-time and not simply residing here for tuition purposes.
- I have an international visa. Can I study in the Evening MBA program?
It depends on the type of visa you hold. We can accept many types of visas. However, we cannot accept F1 or J1 visas. Holders of these visas must be enrolled in school full-time, while the Evening MBA is a part-time program of study. F1 or J1 visa holders are welcome to instead contact the Kelley School of Business Bloomington campus regarding admission to the full-time MBA program: email@example.com.