At a cost of $43 per CPE hour, the Kelley graduate accounting courses in Indianapolis give you fresh, relevant knowledge you can use right away.
Define your area of expertise and refine your skills with key topics in:
- Advanced Auditing
- Ethics for Accountants
- Taxation: Choose from nearly a dozen courses
- Venture Strategy
A convenient, affordable solution
We know you're busy, and we understand that CPE self-study courses are convenient. But a Kelley graduate accounting course also offers flexibility and is more affordable. Plus, you can apply the credits to a master's degree in accounting or taxation. Not to mention that you need group instruction—because the number of self-study hours that may be applied as CPE are limited.
Attend classes one night per week on the IUPUI campus. Choose a regular semester schedule or a six-week summer class. Some online options may be available.
Start right away
You can begin as early as May 13 in one of our six-week summer courses.
- Governmental and NFP Accounting: Concepts and methods peculiar to government units, universities, hospitals, and other non-profit organizations.
- International Taxation: Provides an introductory review and analysis of the two most important fundamental areas of the U.S. income taxation system for income derived from international (i.e., cross-border) transactions: (1) The U.S. taxation of the non-resident aliens and foreign corporations on their income derived from U.S. sources; and, (2) The U.S. taxation of U.S. individuals and U.S. corporations on the income realized from sources outside the U.S.
- Taxation of NFP I:Examines the tax treatment of public and private charities exempt under I.R.C. Sec. 501(c)(3), as well as business leagues, social clubs, and other types of tax-exempt organizations Includes discussion of the requirements for exemption from federal income tax and the tax treatment of the unrelated business income tax and private foundation status and its repercussions.
Plan now for a fall course that starts August 24. These courses meet one night a week on the IUPUI campus.
- Advanced Auditing: Examines advance issues in auditing including in-depth review of the following: forensic accounting and fraud examination, litigation support and expert witness services, the use of statistical sampling in auditing, internal auditing, assurance services, and extending the attestation function. The course makes use of cases, articles, and current pronouncements in the field.
- Advanced Taxation--Entity Issues: Introduction to the taxation of regular corporations, partnerships, limited liability companies, and S corporations.
- Corporate Financial Reporting: This course will cover the theory and practice of corporate financial reporting. You will be responsible for conducting applied accounting research on a variety of corporate reporting issues that are designed not only to expand your knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles covered in undergraduate accounting courses but also to improve your analytical abilities and reasoning process.
- Corporate Taxation II: This course develops in-depth corporate tax knowledge and gives studies experience preparing assignments similar to those prepared by tax practitioners. topics include corporate liquidations, penalty taxes, corporate reorganizations, and consolidated tax returns.
- Federal Estate and Gift Taxation: Tax treatment of wealth transfers at death (the estate tax) and during lifetime (the gift tax), with emphasis on estate planning. Also includes an examination of the income taxation of estates and trusts.
- Partnership Taxation: Tax aspects of the formation, operation, liquidation, and termination of partnerships and limited liability companies.
More than maintenance
We believe a CPE course should be about more than maintaining your CPA license. With our extensive catalog of courses, you can dive deep into today's challenging business issues and explore specialized content that is meaningful to you. We'll help you widen your breadth of knowledge and maximize your impact as an accounting professional.
Learn and get honest feedback
At Kelley, you will have access to top business faculty who are known for their innovative teaching methods, accounting expertise, and straight-talk approach. Their CVs are impressive, but for them, helping you make a strong impression is what counts. Kelley faculty will help you see accounting and tax in a new way.
Choose Kelley for CPE
Like it or not, CPE is a fact of CPA life. Make your CPE truly count when you choose a graduate accounting course at Kelley Indianapolis. Contact our program director, Susan Cauble, to discuss your course options and to enroll.