Regardless of whether you plan to pursue a master’s degree, you can begin by earning the Graduate Certificate in Accounting. Prepare for the CPA with applicable and relevant courses, and then, decide to apply these credits toward the full graduate degree.
This graduate certificate provides you with the academic foundation to successfully pass the CPA exam. It offers:
- 12 credit hours of graduate education toward the 150 credit hours required to sit for the CPA exam in Indiana.
- The flexibility to carry these credits into the MSA or MST, leaving just 18 credit hours remaining to complete one of these renowned Kelley degrees.
- 180 continuing professional education (CPE) credit hours.
- Six graduate certificate credit hours at the undergraduate rate for students taking accounting electives in the Kelley Indianapolis Undergraduate Program. Kelley undergraduates may complete the remaining six graduate certificate credit hours at night during the summer after graduation, while studying for the CPA exam.
- A broader range of accounting electives available during your undergraduate studies. These electives are open only to those undergraduates enrolled in the graduate certificate program.
Applicants must have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher at the time of application. Students with GPAs between 2.8 and 3.2 may be admitted with permission from the Graduate Accounting Programs faculty chair.
Learn about the curriculum for the Graduate Certificate in Accounting.
Pursue our MSA degree full time or part time, depending on the demands of your work and personal life. Our courses are offered in the evening in downtown Indianapolis to help this degree fit into your schedule. Students should be able to complete this 30-credit hour program part time, including summers, within 18 months. Whether you've worked as an accountant for several years or you're changing careers, the MSA will help you advance your career and unlock new opportunities while preparing you for the CPA exam. To sit for the CPA exam, half of your credit hours must be in accounting.
Learn about the curriculum for the MSA.
Go beyond basic accounting to understand financial reporting and how to evaluate a company’s internal financial controls with this graduate certificate. Graduate courses in fraud and forensic accounting and IT auditing, plus a case-study course, equip you to successfully audit a company’s financial systems.
This 12 credit hour graduate certificate includes:
- Option to carry these credits forward toward earning an MSA or MST, with completion of an additional 18 credit hours.
- Option to carry these credits forward toward earning an MBA upon being accepted to the MBA Program.
- 180 continuing professional education credit hours.
- Six graduate certificate credit hours billed at the undergraduate tuition rate for taking business electives in the Kelley Indianapolis Undergraduate Program.
- Six graduate certificate credit hours, which can be completed at night or through a one weekend internal case course and internal audit internship.
Applicants must have an overall undergraduate GPA of 3.2 or higher at time of application. Students with GPAs between 2.8 and 3.2 may be admitted with permission from the Graduate Accounting Programs faculty chair.
Learn about the curriculum for the Graduate Certificate in Internal Auditing focusing in financial systems.