Prepare Your Path to Academic Success
The MS in Accounting allows students to gain specialized accounting skills—whether you come to Kelley Indianapolis with an undergraduate degree in accounting, business, or some other discipline.
To ensure your success, we ask you to complete the following courses—or their equivalent—before you begin the MSA program.
- A201 Intro to Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
- A311 Intermediate Accounting I (3 cr.)
- A325 Cost Accounting (3 cr.)
- E201 Intro to Microeconomics
- E270 Intro to Stat Theory Econ and Business
- F300 Intro to Financial Management (3 cr.)
- L203 Commercial Law I (3 cr.)
- M300 Intro to Marketing Management (3 cr.)
- P300 Intro to Operations Management (3 cr.)
Applicants who hold accounting or business degrees.
In many cases, students—particularly undergraduate accounting majors and those currently working in accounting-related professions—will have completed some or all of the prerequisite courses. Your grades in these courses will be a determining factor in your admission. You may need to repeats courses as per the Admission Committee's decision.
Applicants who don’t have a business or accounting background.
If you have not completed any of the prerequisite courses, arrangements can typically be made to take these courses as an undergraduate nondegree student. Check with your MSA advisor.