Your Career Advances Here
The MS in Taxation requires 30 graduate credit hours, with a minimum 21 credit hours directly related to tax. Designed for working professionals, most MST courses are offered in the evenings. Part-time students who take at least 6 credit hours per term can expect to complete the program within two years.
When combined with an undergraduate degree in accounting, the MST can fulfill the 150 hours of education required to sit for the CPA exam.
To ensure your success, we ask you to complete the following course--or its equivalent--before you begin the MST program.
- A201 Introduction to Financial Accounting (3 cr.)
(18 credit hours)
- A515 Introduction to Taxation (3 cr.)
(Prerequisite for all other tax courses; waived if student has completed the course previously or has sufficient experience)
- A522 Federal Taxation of Partnerships and Partners (3 cr.)
- A538 Mergers and Acquisitions (1.5 cr.)
- A539 Advanced Taxation I: Entity Issues (3 cr.)
- A551 Tax Research (1.5 cr.)
- A555 Taxation of S Corporations (3 cr.)
- A556 Accounting Periods and Methods (3 cr.)
Learning in a Professional Environment (3 cr.) is a required course for international students and highly recommended for those students who come to the MS in Taxation without previous work experience in accounting.
(12-15 credit hours)
View course descriptions for a list of electives.