Clinical and healthcare administration professionals—and those who want to break into the healthcare industry—are invited to apply for our healthcare management certification. Candidates must have a bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university and a minimum of two years work experience to be considered for admission. Typically, a minimum undergraduate GPA of 3.0 qualifies for admission to the program. No admission test is required.
Apply for the Graduate Certificate in Medical Management.
New student cohorts form each quarter. Application deadlines are:
- October 30 for Winter 2023 start
- February 5 for Spring 2024 start
- May 6 for Summer 2024 start
- August 5 for Fall 2024 start
Already prepared to apply?
Application Process and Details
If you are at the beginning of your application journey, the information below will guide you through the steps and necessary materials.
- Go to the IUPUI Graduate Application Portal: graduate.iupui.edu/admissions/apply.html.
- Choose the term in which you want to start the program. This is the term you’re applying for. Use the drop down menu to find the term and select it. Click the “Apply Now” button.
- Create an Indiana University Graduate CAS account. If you already have an account, sign in.
- Find “Graduate Certificate in Medical Management.” The programs are listed in alphabetical order. Type “Medical Management” in the search bar to see which terms are available.
- Select the term in which you want to start by clicking the plus sign ( + ) so it turns into a checkmark ( ✔ ). Click the “Continue” button.
- Start your application by clicking the “Continue To My Application” button.
- Complete the “Personal Information” and “Academic History” sections by clicking on each question and completing the form. You can upload an unofficial transcript in Academic History.
- Upload your résumé and essay in the “Program Materials” section through the “Documents” tab.
- Add your recommender’s information in the Program Materials section through the “Recommendations” tab.
- Submit your application by clicking the “Submit Application” tab in the top navigation bar. If you attended a GCMM information session and/or have a fee waiver code, you will enter it at this step.
Please upload your essay to the online application portal.
Consider the following when writing your essay, which should be no more than 500 words or the equivalent of two double-spaced pages.
- Describe your day-to-day work at your current job. (Remember, we have your résumé.)
- What are your short-term (2-3 years) and long-term (3+ years) goals? Goals could include: Gain a promotion, land a job in a new organization or change function. It’s fine if you don’t know what your goals are, but you should note that you would like to use our program to explore your goals.
- How does the Graduate Certificate in Medical Management relate to your career goals?
- What unique perspective can you bring to classroom discussion?
Please upload your résumé to the online application portal and ensure it includes the months and years of all jobs.
Please upload unofficial transcripts from all colleges and universities previously attended to the online application portal.
If you're accepted to the Graduate Certificate in Medical Management Program, official, sealed transcripts from all colleges and universities must be sent directly from the institutions to the address below.
Kelley School of Business at IUPUI
Graduate Certificate in Medical Management
801 West Michigan Street, BS 3024
Indianapolis, IN 46202-5151
Alternately, previously attended colleges and universities may email official transcripts to our office at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have previously attended Indiana University on any campus, you do not need to request transcripts, but please let us know via email that we need to obtain these transcripts for you.
We request one letter of recommendation from a professional who is able to comment on how the Graduate Certificate in Medical Management will help your healthcare leadership career.
Please enter your recommender's contact information into the online portal. Your recommender will receive an email asking them to complete an electronic recommendation form. Please notify your recommender in advance that this email is coming.
Frequently Asked Questions about How to Apply
Our healthcare leadership certification does not require an entrance exam. But you need a bachelor’s degree, as this is a graduate program.
We look for an undergraduate GPA of 3.0 or higher. However, we understand students have different priorities at different times in their lives. We may admit students with GPAs less than 3.0. This is a rigorous program, and our goal is to ensure you’ll be successful. If your GPA is less than 3.0, you can explain why in your essay or discuss it with our faculty chair, Kim Saxton.