Business skills are life skills and understanding how smart businesses work is essential in any field, whether your goal is to be a doctor or designer, employee or entrepreneur.
A minor in business from Kelley Indianapolis gives you a major advantage. It provides you with a broad understanding of fundamental business concepts, including finance, management, and marketing—all while enhancing your skills, knowledge, and value. You’ll stand out because you will be in a better position to help your company meet its business goals.
Requirements for a Business Minor
The minor in business requires seven courses, including:
- Foundations of Accounting
- The Computer in Business
- Commercial Law
- Introduction to Financial Management
- Introduction to Operations Management
- Introduction to Marketing
- One business elective course, focusing on international business, human resources, or organizational behavior
To qualify for the minor, you must:
- Complete 21 credit hours (seven courses) in business.
- Earn a minimum GPA of 2.0 in those courses (minimum grade of C is required in The Computer in Business course).
- Take four of the seven courses on the IUPUI campus.
- Submit an application for the Kelley minor at the beginning of your final semester at IUPUI.
- Curriculum requirements for Business Minor (PDF).