Maximize your opportunities, magnify your advantage.
You've worked hard in high school. You've earned good grades, demonstrated your leadership and civic engagement, and proved your dedication to academic excellence.
And now, you're ready to leap into college and the start of your career.
Applying to the IU Kelley School of Business Indianapolis as an incoming freshman is the next step toward building a strong business foundation and honing your competitive edge.
Many students apply to the IU Kelley School of Business Indianapolis after they’ve completed a year or two of course work at IUPUI. Direct admissionis an honor for high school students who have been recommended by the IUPUI Office of Admissions.
Direct admit students have early access to prestigious scholarships and first access to on-campus housing with peers at the Kelley House residence hall. You also may participate in Kelley student organizations, sign up for the many services available at the Career Planning Office, and enroll in BUS X103 (known by students as the Road Trip course), an exclusive learning community only for Kelley direct admit students.
Direct Admission Qualifications
Once you've been admitted to IUPUI, you may be directly admitted to Kelley Indianapolis if you meet the following criteria:
- Admitted to IUPUI directly out of high school
- High school GPA of 3.20 or higher
- Meet one of the following test scores
- OLD SAT: Minimum SAT score of 1100 (Verbal and Math scores only; does not include Writing Score) with a Math score of 500 or higher
- NEW SAT: Minimum SAT score of 1170 (ERWS and MSS scores only; does not include Reading test) with a Math score of 530 or higher
- ACT Composite score of 24 with a math score of 21 or higher
Note: The Kelley School will accept students’ highest OLD SAT score or highest NEW SAT score but cannot combine a section from the old exam with a section from the new exam.
Admission to the Kelley School of Business is competitive, and each applicant is considered individually. Grades, prerequisite course work, and your essay are the basis for initial review.
If you don’t qualify for direct admission or if you’re currently a student at IUPUI, you can apply to Kelley once you’ve met the requirements for Option 1 or Option 2 admission.
Please be mindful of our application deadlines.
- For fall admission, apply to IUPUI by May 1.
- For spring admission, apply to IUPUI by November 1.
Come see for yourself.
To learn more about the Undergraduate program in the IU Kelley School of Business Indianapolis, we encourage you to schedule an on-campus visit, where you may meet Kelley academic advisors, professors, and students. Family members also are encouraged to attend.