Human resource management maximizes the impact of employees in an organization. Human resource (HR) professionals are involved in staff hiring, training, compensation and conflict resolution.
Career Fields in Human Resource Management
Careers in human resource management typically involve:
Local Companies Hiring Human Resource Management Majors
- State of Indiana
- That’s Good HR
- Eskenazi Health
- Ascension Health
Review Career and Salary Statistics to learn more about the earning potential of human resource management careers.
Preparing for a Career in Human Resource Management
Consider minors that can help build your skillset.
Get involved on campus through student organizations.
- Society for Human Resource Management (SHRM)
- Delta Sigma Pi (DSP) Professional Business Fraternity
Human Resource Management internship recruitment is focused on the Fall semester.
- Seek out internships to gain experience in the professional world. These can be found on Handshake and other job boards.
Key Tips to Consider about Human Resource Management Careers
- HR professionals must stay up-to-date on workplace trends as well as federal and state labor laws.
- Companies tend to hire HR management professionals one or two at a time. You should actively search job boards so you know when a position becomes available.
Explore careers in business.
Meet with a Kelley Career Coach to discuss which degree path best fits your skills, and follow us on social media to stay current on the latest opportunities.
Schedule an appointment in Handshake.
- BS 2010 – Office of Academic & Career Development
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 317-278-0506