Marketers work to understand the wants and needs of consumers, and they promote products or services to create value to the customer. Marketing professionals intentionally stimulate demand for a product through product packaging, targeted advertising and brand reputation.
Career Fields in Marketing
Careers in marketing typically involve:
Local Companies Hiring Marketing Majors
- Walker Information
- Delta Faucet
- Young & Laramore
Review Career and Salary Statistics to learn more about the earning potential of marketing careers.
Preparing for a Career in Marketing
Consider minors that can help build your skillset.
- Sports marketing: Learn how to apply sales and promotion techniques to the professional and amateur sport industries.
- Data analytics: Learn how to use a portfolio of programming languages and software programs deployed in business settings.
Get involved through student organizations or professional associations.
- Kelley Indianapolis Marketing Organization (KIMO)
- Delta Sigma Pi (DSP) Professional Business Fraternity
- American Marketing Association (AMA)
- Society for Marketing Professional Services (SMPS)
Marketing internship recruitment is focused on the Fall semester.
- Seek out internships to gain experience in the professional world. These can be found on Handshake and other job boards.
Key Tips to Consider about Accounting Careers
- Marketing graduates can find employment opportunities at advertising agencies, marketing consulting firms and within the marketing divisions of many corporations.
- Obtaining certification in Google Analytics, Google AdWords (SEO Tools) and customer relation management (CRM) can increase job opportunities and prepare you for success in various roles.
Explore careers in business.
Meet with a Kelley Career Coach to discuss which degree path best fits your skills, and follow us on social media to stay current on the latest opportunities.
Schedule an appointment in Handshake.
- BS 2010 – Office of Academic & Career Development
- Email: email@example.com
- Phone: 317-278-0506