Supply chain professionals make it possible to get your products better, faster and cheaper. The supply chain is the network of companies that participate in the design, assembly and delivery of a product for consumer purchase.
Career Fields in Supply Chain Management
Careers in supply chain management typically involve:
Local Companies Hiring Supply Chain Majors
- Allison Transmission
- Spot Freight Inc.
- JB Hunt
- Scotlynn USA
Review Career and Salary Statistics to learn more about the earning potential of supply chain management careers.
Preparing for a Career in Supply Chain Management
Consider minors that can help build your skillset.
- Economics: Understand how global factors affect business production and customer consumption.
- Data analytics: Use programming and software to better understand numbers and inform your decision-making process.
Supply chain management job and internship recruitment is focused on the Fall semester.
- Seek out internships to gain experience in the professional world. These can be found on Handshake and other job boards.
Key Tips to Consider about Supply Chain Management Careers
- Supply chain management (SCM) jobs are typically found at manufacturing companies, but SCM majors are also hired in other industries.
- Supply chain analysts commonly collaborate with marketing, finance and accounting teams.
- Earning certification in Six Sigma and Lean Manufacturing practices can increase your appeal to future employers.
Explore careers in business.
Meet with a Kelley Career Coach to discuss which degree path best fits your skills, and follow us on social media to stay current on the latest opportunities.