Internal auditors are professionals who help ensure operations or finances run smoothly and follow the guidelines set by the company or regulators. There are two kinds of internal auditing: operational and financial. This page allows you to explore our Graduate Certificate in Internal Auditing focusing in operational systems. If you are interested in internal auditing focusing in financial systems, please explore the accounting options.
Enter the rewarding and sought-after field of internal auditing.
Internal Auditing Focusing in Operational Systems
Internal auditing of operational systems is a growing field with high demand in Indiana, the heartland of manufacturing. Unlike financial auditors from accounting, these internal auditors monitor operations and compliance, and they come from a variety of disciplines including operations, marketing, human resources, management or information technology.
Jeff Wilson, BS’00, CPA | Advisor in Strategy, Operations and Business Development at Eli Lilly and Company
At most organizations, internal audit is a development space for aspiring leaders. It’s an excellent path to develop yourself if you’re looking to become an overall finance, accounting or operational leader.
Earn your Graduate Certificate in Internal Auditing.
The 12 credit hour Graduate Certificate in Internal Auditing focusing in operational systems equips you to understand the scope of internal audit. You also gain the academic foundation to successfully pass the Certified Internal Audit (CIA) exam. This graduate certificate includes:
- Six graduate certificate credit hours, which can be completed in evening courses or through an internal case course and internal audit internship.
- The option to carry these credits forward toward earning an MSA or MST degree, with completion of an additional 18 credit hours.
- The option to carry these credits forward toward earning an MBA upon being accepted to the MBA Program.
- 180 continuing professional education credit hours.
- Six graduate certificate credit hours billed at the undergraduate tuition rate for students taking business electives in the Kelley Indianapolis Undergraduate Program.
Internal Audit Resources
The field of internal audit is an exciting and growing one. Connect with local resources and other professionals in this industry through the Institute of Internal Auditors – Indianapolis Chapter and its LinkedIn page.