Kelley Honors Program
Do yourself the honor.
Do you find yourself doing more than what’s expected? Do you boldly seek out new challenges? Then you may want to find your way to the Kelley Honors program.
Through an enriched and challenging learning experience, the Kelley Honors program provides opportunities for highly motivated academic achievers like you to truly shine.
You’ll have a dedicated Honors advisor to guide your way, and you’ll benefit from smaller class sizes that let you engage deeply with ideas, develop and enrich your insights, and dialogue with professors and equally motivated peers.
As part of your experience, you will take the Honors I-Core, where you’ll tackle a project that lets you showcase your skills to solve real and timely business challenges. In addition, you’ll complete six more credit hours of Kelley courses at the Honors level and another six credit hours of Honors electives.
When you complete the Kelley Honors program, you’ll receive recognition of your achievements on your college transcript with an Honors designation.
Applications for fall admission must be submitted between January 15th - March 1st.
Applications for spring admission must be submitted between August 15th - October 1st.
If you're interested in applying for the Kelley Honors program, you must:
- Have a minimum GPA of 3.3.
- Complete 13 credit hours.
- Be admitted or have applied to the Kelley School of Business Indianapolis.
- Complete the online application to the honors program, which includes two essays that discuss your involvement, and hopeful completion, of the RISE initiative as well as what the Kelley Honor Code means to you.
Exceptions: Students admitted into the Kelley School of Business who are on scholarship with the IUPUI Honors College are automatically admitted to the Kelley Honors program.
To successfully complete the Kelley Honors program, you must:
- Maintain a minimum cumulative GPA of 3.3.
- Maintain a minimum GPA of 3.3 in Honors courses.
- Complete 24 total Honors credit hours (18 hours of required Kelley courses plus six credit hours of Honors electives).
Students are required to complete 18 credit hours (see below) within Kelley, in addition to six credit hours of Honors electives.
Required Kelley Honors Courses
- BUS F374 Honors Finance: Integrated Experience (3cr.)
- BUS M374 Honors Marketing: Integrated Experience (3 cr.)
- BUS P374 Honors Operations & Supply Chain Management: Integrated Experience (3 cr.)
- BUS Z374 Honors Team Dynamics & Leadership: Integrated Experience (3 cr.)
- BUS J402 Administrative Policy: Honors (3 cr.)
- BUS W494 Wells Leadership Seminar: Honors (3 cr.)
Additionally, each student will be required to complete six credit hours of Honors electives (generally two courses). Classes eligible for Honors electives include:
- Any course listed as an Honors course
- Courses taken with an Honors contract (see below)
An Honors contract enables qualified students to engage in Honors work even if the course they are taking is not specifically designed as an Honors course. Students who enter into an Honors contract with a faculty member will complete work that goes beyond what is required for a regular undergraduate course.
The Honors contract, created by the Honors student and the professor of record, creates a special, individualized Honors section for that course. You’ll complete the requirements for the course plus the additional requirements identified in the contract to receive your grade and credit for the Honors section.
An Honors contract must be approved by the faculty member and the director of the Honors program. Once that occurs, the IUPUI Registrar creates an official Honors section for the course, which will bear the designation “for Honors credit” on your college transcript.
Honors contract information and forms may be downloaded from the IUPUI Honors College website.
Honors Program Contact
Academic Advisor, Undergraduate Programs
Business/SPEA Building, Room 2010