Finance is the management, investment and creation of money. Finance opens the door to many business opportunities, such as banking, financial analysis and financial planning.
Career Fields in Finance
Careers in finance typically involve:
Local Companies Hiring Finance Majors
- Alter Domus
- Charles Schwab
- Northwestern Mutual
Review Career and Salary Statistics to learn more about the earning potential of finance careers.
Preparing for a Career in Finance
Consider co-majors or minors that can help build your skillset.
- Real Estate: Learn how to value commercial investment properties.
- Economics: Gain a better understanding of factors that influence markets.
Get involved on campus through student organizations.
Finance job and internship recruitment is focused on the Fall semester.
- Kelley hosts a career event each fall.
- Internships can be found on Handshake and other job boards.
Key Tips to Consider about Finance Careers
- Organization, attention to detail and a strong mathematical background are key components to a successful career in finance.
- Additional certifications or licenses may be required to sell certain financial products.
- Investment banking often requires a master’s degree, and jobs are often located in large financial markets like New York City.
Explore careers in business.
Meet with a Kelley Career Coach to discuss which degree path best fits your skills, and follow us on social media to stay current on the latest opportunities.
Schedule an appointment in Handshake.
- BS 2010 – Office of Academic & Career Development
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Phone: 317-278-0506