Management is the practice of developing plans, procedures and strategies to guide personnel, finances and resources in the daily and long-term needs of a business.
Career Fields in Management
Careers in management typically involve:
Local Companies Hiring Management Majors
- Forum Credit Union
- Enterprise Holdings
- Sherwin Williams
Review Career and Salary Statistics to learn more about the earning potential of management careers.
Preparing for a Career in Management
Consider co-majors that can help build your skillset.
- Human resource management: Understand how employee compensation and relations can affect workplace performance and morale.
- International studies: Gain a global understanding of business and how interacting across national borders affects decision-making processes.
Management internship recruitment is focused on the Fall semester.
- Seek out internships to gain experience in the professional world. These can be found on Handshake and other job boards.
Key Tips to Consider about Management Careers
- Management is a versatile degree that involves supervising people and projects. Management positions can be found in all industries, though some roles may require more technical focus.
- Some companies offer management training programs that immerse new hires in company protocols to train and retain talented managers.
Explore careers in business.
Meet with a Kelley Career Coach to discuss which degree path best fits your skills, and follow us on social media to stay current on the latest opportunities.